We seek to continuously improve our environmental performance by regularly measuring the impact of the company’s activities on the environment and managing a reduction, year on year, of that impact.
We will progress this by taking action in respect of our own processes and through our position in the supply chain.
- We aim to reduce the use of raw materials, energy and water.
- We aim to use recycled materials where possible and to develop processes that deliver an improved environmental performance in order to reduce our impact on the environment.
- We aim to improve the value of our factory environment as a habitat for wildlife.
- We aim to reduce waste and emissions by applying ‘Eco-Design’ principles to the product design process.
Eco-Design Principals include:
- Use of low impact materials.
- Use of recycled materials.
- Use of recyclable materials.
- Reduction of product weight.
- Reduction in transport volume; e.g. through optimized packaging and the subsequent reduction of the space needed for transport to then reduce; packaging materials used, shipping requirements, road usage, the storage needed at distribution centres along with onward distribution needs.
Our Role in the Supply Chain
We will assist customers to achieve the use of our products and services in an environmentally-sensitive way; by advising on good care and maintenance of products, efficient and appropriate use of products and end of life breakdown.
We will encourage our suppliers and contractors in raising their environmental standards and will look for opportunities to work with suppliers and contractors who have environmental management systems and who achieve a programme of continuous improvement.
Signwaves’ environmental vision is to develop the awareness of its staff, customers and suppliers to the environmental issues important to our business along with the ongoing focus of our environmental agenda of continuous improvement.